Brain-O-Magic Summer Camp 2019!!
Take your child’s imagination to the next level and empower them to explore specialized skills while having a good time at Brain-O-Magic Summer Camps.
This Summer we invite your child to dive in to our innovative, enriching and most important of all fun filled camps. Our summer programs are divided into four categories – Speech & Debate, Competitive Math, Computer Science & INTRODUCING Creative Writing and STEAM camp. The summer camps will include outside play and fun activities which may consist of water play also ( weather and location dependent)
Speech and Debate + Competitive Math
For children 7-13 years
Silicon Valley Speech and Debate now offers a combined session of Speech and Debate and Math Enrichment. We will be offering camps with Speech and Debate activities in the morning and math enrichment in the afternoons.
The benefits of participating in a speech and debate program are many. Through speech and debate students will:
- learn to overcome public speaking anxieties
- articulate thoughts confidently and persuasively
- develop research and organizational skills
- advance reasoning and critical thinking skills
- learn to consider and adapt to different audiences
- learn to think on their feet
- be open to different opinions and aspects of an issue
- learn to pace and work individually and as a team
Our Math Enrichment summer program is designed to promote math and problem solving abilities in individual and group settings.
Our goals include
- Motivate a love for math though math puzzles, math games, and other fun math activities
- Focus on Math Olympiad, AMC math, and Math League type of problems for elementary and middle school students
Camp Dates for Speech and Debate + Competitive Math:
- June 10 2019 – June 14 2019 Newark<
- June 17 2019 – June 21 2019 Newark
- June 24 2019 – June 28 2019 Newark
- July 8 2019 – July 12 2019 Pleasanton
Our Computer Science program consists of Scratch and Python.
For children 7-12 year
Scratch is an easy and fun way to get kids excited about programming
- MIT software
- Harvard-based curriculum
- See results quickly
- Get engaged by creating fun projects right from Day 1
- Learn the concepts behind object oriented programming
- Get comfortable with all basic programming concepts like variables, if statements, loops, etc.
Inquiry for Summer Camp 2019!
Python is a preferred introductory computer language in schools and colleges
- Powerful, yet flexible and easy to learn, even for kids
- Syntax, branching, looping
- “Learn by doing” – get children started with mini-projects
- Curriculum is created in collaboration with industry professionals
Camp Dates for Computer Programming (Scratch & Python):
- June 17 2019 – June 21 2019 Scratch – Pleasanton
- June 24 2019 – June 28 2019 Python – Pleasanton
- August 5 2019 – August 9 2019 Scratch – Newark
- August 12 2019 – August 16 2019 Python – Newark